TERMS AND CONDITIONS
AFFILIATE PARTICIPATION AGREEMENT
This Affiliate Participation Agreement contains the terms and conditions that apply to your participation as a member of the affiliate program (the "Affiliate Program") for http://www.aneros.com (the "Merchant Website"), which is a website owned by the Aneros Company (collectively, "we" "us" or "Merchant"). This Affiliate Program is administered and operated by us. In this Agreement you are sometimes referred to as "you", "your" or "Affiliate". THIS IS A LEGALLY BINDING AGREEMENT. BY JOINING THIS AFFILIATE PROGRAM AND RECEIVING AND USING LINKS TO THE MERCHANT WEBSITE, YOU ARE CONFIRMING THAT YOU HAVE READ THIS AGREEMENT AND THAT YOU AGREE TO BE BOUND BY THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS CONTAINED IN THIS AGREEMENT. IF YOU DO NOT AGREE WITH ANY OF THE TERMS OR CONDITIONS SET FORTH HEREIN, DO NOT JOIN THIS AFFILIATE PROGRAM.
1. Enrollment; Eligibility. In order to participate in this Affiliate Program you must complete a participant application via http://www.aneros.com/affiliates/affiliates/signup.php#SignupForm. You will be notified if your application has been accepted or rejected. We reserve the right to reject any application in our sole discretion. If we reject your application, you may reapply at any time. Only websites with general based domain name extensions (e.g. .com, .net, .org, .us, etc.) are eligible for participation in this Affiliate Program. You must be at least 18 years of age (21 in some jurisdictions) to join this Affiliate Program. By submitting an application to participate in this Affiliate Program, you represent, warrant, covenant and agree that (i) all information that you provide to us in connection with your participant application and/or in connection with your participation in this Affiliate Program is true, complete and accurate, (ii) you have all necessary rights and authority to enter into this Agreement and perform your obligations hereunder, (iii) this Agreement will constitute a legal, binding and enforceable agreement against you in accordance with the terms and conditions herein, and (iv) your execution and performance hereunder will not conflict with or result in a breach or violation of any other agreement, arrangement or understanding to which you are bound.
3. Right to Use Merchant Content. (a) Subject to the terms and conditions herein, we hereby grant to you, during the term hereof, a limited, non-exclusive, non-transferable, revocable, non-sublicenseable, non-assignable right to (i) access the Merchant Website through Qualified Links provided by us from time to time, and (ii) use and display the Merchant Content (as defined below) that we may make available to you from time to time solely as provided to you through the Affiliate Network and solely for the purpose of generating the sale of Merchant’s products from your website that we have approved and solely in connection with your participation in this Affiliate Program. Any attempt to sublicense, assign or transfer this right is void. You may not authorize any sub-affiliates to promote the Affiliate Program. We may terminate your rights to use the Merchant Content for any reason at any time in our sole and absolute discretion. (b) A "Qualifying Link" means a link from your website to our website using one of the URLs or graphic links provided by us (or through the Affiliate Network) for use in the Affiliate Program that allows us to track the use of such links by your visitors. All Qualifying Links that you will use in the Affiliate Program will be provided to you from the Affiliate Network or by other means selected by us, and only valid Qualifying Links generated by the Affiliate Network or by us will be tracked for purposes of determining Commissions that you may be eligible to receive on sales of products generated through your website. The numbers provided by us shall be the sole and definitive numbers used for any reporting purposes. Except for the right to use the Merchant Content provided to you by us hereunder, we are not granting you any rights in, and you represent, warrant, covenant and agree that you will not use, in any manner, any trademarks, service marks, trade names, logos, banners, buttons, graphics, digital images, text, or other content or materials owned or controlled by us. (c) Upon termination of this Agreement, for any reason, you shall immediately cease using, displaying or otherwise maintaining any interest in the Merchant Content. For purposes of this Agreement "Merchant Content" means any and all trademarks, service marks, trade names, logos, banners, buttons, digital images, graphics, text and other content and material which we may, in our sole discretion, make available to you in connection with this Affiliate Program from time to time.
4. Merchant Content Usage Restrictions. IF YOU FAIL TO COMPLY WITH ANY OF THE RESTRICTIONS IN THIS AGREEMENT, AT OUR SOLE DISCRETION YOU, FORFEIT ANY COMMISSIONS OR OTHER PAYMENTS OTHERWISE EARNED BY YOU DURING SUCH TIME THAT YOU ARE NOT IN COMPLIANCE. (a) Obtaining and Using Merchant Content. You agree that you will not, except as specifically provided for in this Agreement (i) copy or obtain any images or other content relating to the Merchant from the Merchant Website or elsewhere, except through the Affiliate Network, including photography of Merchant Content used in accordance with Section 3 hereof, (ii) copy or display any Merchant Content, (iii) modify, adapt, translate or create derivative works based on the Merchant Content or Qualifying Links, (iv) remove, erase, or tamper with any copyright or other proprietary notices in any copy of any of the Merchant Content, (v) sell, market, license, sublicense, distribute, disclose or otherwise grant to any person or entity any right or interest in the Merchant Content or Qualifying Links, (vi) take any action which may cause deception, confusion or otherwise dilutes the quality of the Merchant Content or the goodwill associated therewith, or (vii) use the Merchant Content in any manner which disparages or portrays us in a false, competitively adverse or poor light. (b) No Keyword Purchasing. You agree that you will not purchase or bid for the placement of our name or trademarks or any variation or misspelling thereof within any third party search engine or portal, including but not limited to AOL.com, Yahoo.com, MSN.com and Google.com., ask.com and miva.com. (c) Search Engine and Advertising Restrictions. You also agree to the following additional search engine advertising rules: (i) all advertisements by you must be directed to your site or a page within your site, (ii) none of your advertisements may link directly to the Merchant Website or any page within the Merchant Website, (iii) you will not show the Merchant Website URL as the URL in your ads, (iv) you will not use the words "official site" or words to similar effect in connection with any use of our trademarks, or otherwise suggest or imply that your site is an official Merchant site or partner, and (v) you will stop bidding on any keyword term at our request. (b) Trademark and Look and Feel Restrictions. Additionally, you agree that (i) you will not include any name, trademark, trade name, service name, logo or similar business identifier, or any variation or misspelling thereof, which is owned or controlled by us in any domain name, email address, or similar identifier used by you, (ii) you will not alter or attempt to alter the look, feel, content, features or functionality of the Merchant Website, (iii) you will immediately substitute or remove any Merchant Content from your websites at our request, (iv) your websites will not in any way copy or resemble the look, feel or content of the Merchant Website or create any impression that your websites are part of the Merchant Website, (v) you will not purchase or contract with any other person or entity to exploit any name, trademark, trade name, service name, logo or similar business identifier, or any variation or misspelling thereof, which is owned or controlled by us for any purpose, (vi) you will not use any Merchant Content in a manner which links or otherwise directs potential customers to any website other than the Merchant Website, and (vii) you will not attempt to intercept or redirect potential customers from or on the Merchant Website or any other website participating in this Affiliate Program. (c) Promotion Codes & Coupons; Hidden Pages. You may not, without our prior written consent, utilize any promotion, promotion code, coupon, rewards/points program or other promotional opportunity that is not specifically authorized for Merchant's Affiliate Program and explicitly authorized for your use. Coupon codes that are to be used on our network of sites, unless authorized, are not to be used by affiliates. (d) Communications with Consumers. You may not, without our prior written consent, (i) generate or send any email messages, text or mobile messages, or other electronic messages ("Electronic Messages") using or containing our name or logo, or any variation thereof, or any of our trademarks or products, or any of the Qualifying Links or URLs provided to you as part of the Affiliate Program, (ii) send any Electronic Messages that in any way suggests or implies or misleads or is likely to mislead (including without limitation, via the return address, subject heading, header information or message contents) a recipient into believing that we or any related entity was the sender or sponsor of such email or procured or induced you to send such email, (iii) forward, redistribute, or otherwise repurpose any Electronic Messages that we send our customers or members of the Affiliate Network, and (iv) generate or send any unsolicited email (spam) under this Agreement or any email in violation of the Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act (PIPEDA) or Fighting Internet and Wireless Spam Act (FISA) (including any amendments or successor laws) or any other applicable federal or provincial laws or regulations.
5. Property Ownership Rights. You acknowledge and agree that we retain all rights, title and interest in and to all property rights embodied in or associated with the Merchant Content. You represent, warrant, covenant and agree that you will not, and will not assist any third party to, now or in the future, (i) take any action challenging or otherwise inconsistent with our ownership of, or other right in, the Merchant Content, or (ii) register or attempt to register any trademark, service mark, logo, trade name, domain name, or similar business identifier, that contains any name, trademark, service mark, logo, trade name or other content or material owned or controlled by us or any derivation, including misspellings, thereof. All goodwill and benefits accruing from the use of the Merchant Content will automatically vest in us. You agree to cooperate with us and to take any additional actions reasonably requested by us to effect, perfect or confirm our rights, title and interest in the Merchant Content.
7. Commission Payments. (a) During the term of this Agreement, we agree to pay you a Commission (the "Commission") equal to thirty percent (30%) of Net Revenue determined pursuant to the schedule set forth in the Affiliate Program overview/description materials posted on the Affiliate Network or otherwise provide by us; We reserve the right, at our sole discretion, to change, modify, add or remove portions of this Commission schedule at any time without notice. For purposes of this Agreement, "Net Revenue" means all cash consideration (not including any portion of payment made through the redemption coupons or credits, or the purchase of gift certificates or gift cards) from merchandise sold in a transaction resulting directly from a Qualifying Link tracked by Aneros from your website to the Merchant Website in accordance with this Agreement, where the customer purchases such merchandise, less all taxes, shipping and handling charges, gift wrapping and other value-added service charges, returns and chargebacks. You acknowledge and agree that we will not be obligated to pay any Commission unless we actually ship the applicable order and receive full payment for such order. (b) A transaction may be deemed to be resulting directly from a Qualifying Link tracked by ANEROS from your website to the Merchant Website if: (i) such purchase is made during the time period set forth by us through the Affiliate Network after the customer has initially entered our website through your tracked Qualifying Link ("Commission Time"). After the Commission Time, we will not pay referral fees on any products that are added to a customer's shopping cart after the customer has re-entered our website (other than through a Qualifying Link from your website), even if the customer previously followed a link from your website to our website. (ii) your tracked Qualifying Link is the most recent referral to the Merchant Site prior to such purchase among all marketing channels tracked by us. If we are able to track a referral from another marketing channel (e.g. another affiliate, comparison shopping engine, paid search, banner advertisement or any other trackable marketing channel) that is more recent than your Qualifying Link, then the resulting purchase will be deemed to not be directly resulting from your tracked Qualifying Link. All determinations of Qualifying Links and whether a referral fee is payable will be made by us and ANEROS and will be final and binding on you. (c) Subject to the terms and conditions of this Agreement, we will pay you the above-described Commission on a bi-weekly basis. We will send, or cause to be sent, the Commission earned, less any taxes or other amounts that we may be required by law to withhold. Affiliates may request payout on your owed balance at any time. Only those amounts which have been requested or which exceed the predetermined threshold will be fulfilled. Affiliates are not eligible to request a payout until the balance owed exceeds $100.00 (i) The available Payment Methods are check for US addresses and PayPal. You will be responsible for any PayPal fees. No interest will be paid on any such amount held by us. If a Commission payment is made hereunder and relates to merchandise that is later returned by the customer or determined to have been generated in violation of this Agreement, the applicable Commission will be deducted from the next applicable payment hereunder. If any portion of such Commission cannot be recovered through a deduction, we will invoice you for such amount and you agree to pay this amount within 30 days after receipt of such invoice. Upon termination of this Agreement, we will send, or cause to be sent, to you, a payment for the total amount of Commission then owed to you as of the termination date. The final Commission payment may be withheld by us for a reasonable period of time to ensure that the correct amount is to be paid after making any adjustments that may be required, including, but not limited to, adjustments for returns. We reserve the right to correct, update, modify or reject any transactions or deduct any amounts based upon clear errors, inaccuracies or omissions in the information provided to you.
8. ANEROS Tracking. (a) We will track sales made to customers who purchase products using Qualified Links, that you will generate using ANEROS's technology, from your website to our website, and reports summarizing this sales activity will be available to you also through the Affiliate Network. The form, content, and frequency of the reports are limited to those reports and capabilities available through the Affiliate Network and may vary from time to time in our and ANEROS's reasonable discretion. We are not responsible for any changes that ANEROS may make in their reporting format, timing, or types of reports available to the members of our Affiliate Program. To permit accurate tracking, reporting and fee accrual, you must ensure that the links between your website and our website are properly formatted. We are not responsible for improperly formatted links regardless of whether you have made amendments to the code or not. In addition, we are unable to track or provide you credit for sales from customers that are referred to us with browsers that do not have their cookies setting enabled. You hereby agree not to disclose the such information contained in ANEROS reports regarding us to any third party without our prior written consent and that such information is the property and Confidential Information of ours. (b) You represent, warrant, covenant, and agree that (i) you are a member of ANEROS’s network affiliate program, and (ii) you will not bypass, modify, circumvent, impair, disable or otherwise interfere with any links, web beacons, cookies or other technology provided by us or ANEROS.
9. Responsibility for Your Websites and Your Participation. (a) You will be solely responsible for the development, operation, and maintenance of all websites that are linked to the Merchant Website hereunder and for all content, technology and other materials that appear on such websites. You acknowledge and agree that you are responsible for complying with all of the terms and conditions hereof and all applicable laws, rules and regulations. You represent, warrant, covenant, and agree that: (i) you will not state or imply that we sponsor, endorse, sanction or otherwise approve your website or any of your products or service, (ii) you will not state or imply that you are an affiliate, associate, partner or agent of ours or otherwise take any action that could reasonably cause customers confusion as to our relationship with you, (iii) you will not take any action that could reasonably cause customers confusion as to the website on which any data collection, purchase transaction or other functions are occurring, (iv) at all times during and after the term of this Agreement, you will protect all of our and ANEROS's Confidential Information (as defined below) that you obtain or otherwise have access to with the same degree of care that you use to protect your own confidential and proprietary information but in no event less than a reasonable standard of care, (v) you will only use our and ANEROS's Confidential Information to the extent necessary to perform your obligations hereunder, (vi) you will not use or display any trademark, service mark, logo or other content of ANEROS or infringe any of ANEROS's technology rights, and (vii) you will promptly notify us and ANEROS of any malfunctioning of the Qualifying Links or other problems with your participation in the Program. (b) We disclaim all liability for all such matters. Further, you agree to defend, indemnify and hold us harmless from all claims, damages, and expenses (including, without limitation, attorney’s fees) relating to the development, operation, maintenance or content of your website or any content, information, practice or technology used by you in connection with your business. (c) For purposes of this Agreement, "Confidential Information" means all non-public information provided or obtained by you about us, including, without limitation, all customer information, and all business and sales information related to transactions through this Affiliate Program.
10. Violation of Terms and Affiliate Indemnification. (a) Violation of any of the terms, conditions or prohibitions contained in this Agreement may result in, among other things, the immediate termination of this Agreement and the commencement of an action by us against you seeking, without limitation, injunctive relief, and the recovery of actual, statutory and punitive damages. (b) You, at your own cost and expense, will indemnify, defend and hold harmless, us and our parent, subsidiaries and company affiliates, and each of their respective directors, officers, employees, agents, successors and assigns against any claim, suit, action, judgment, liability, loss, cost, expenses and other damages (even if such claims are groundless, fraudulent or false), including reasonable attorney's fees, based upon or in connection with (i) any breach or alleged breach of your representations, warranties, covenants agreements, or obligations hereunder, (ii) your websites or related business, or any content, technology or other materials displayed or contained thereon, including but not limited to with respect to claims of misappropriation or infringement, (iii) your failure or alleged failure to comply with any applicable law, rule or regulation, (vi) claims for unsolicited email, spamming or violation of the Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act (PIPEDA) or Fighting Internet and Wireless Spam Act (FISA), (vii) your misuse, unauthorized modification or unauthorized use of the services or materials provided by us or ANEROS hereunder, or (viii) any actual or alleged wrongful or negligent act or omission by you.
11. Term and Termination. (a) This Agreement shall automatically terminate on the date on which we no longer maintain or you are no longer a member of the Affiliate Program contemplated hereunder. Additionally, either party may terminate this Agreement at any time and for any reason by providing notice (including via e-mail) to the other party. We may also terminate this Agreement immediately, without notice, if we determine, in our sole discretion, that you have breached this Agreement or that your website(s) is unsuitable to participate in this Affiliate Program. If you do not generate at least fifty (50) click-throughs or at least one sale per month through Qualifying Links, you may be removed from the Affiliate Program. Either party may terminate a Special Offer at any time by deleting its acceptance through the Affiliate Network, and such termination of a Special Offer shall not be deemed a termination of this Agreement or any other Special Offers. Sections 3(c), 6, 8(b), 8(c), 10-20 and 24 (together with all other provisions that may reasonably be interpreted as surviving termination or expiration of this Agreement) will survive any termination or expiration of this Agreement. (b) Upon termination of this Agreement, you will immediately cease use of, and remove from your website, all links to our website and all Merchant Content. (c) You are only eligible to earn a Commission on sales of products occurring during the term of this Agreement, and referral fees earned through the date of termination will remain payable only if the related orders are not canceled or returned by a customer. In addition, we may invoice you for Commission that was paid to you prior to termination if those referral fees relate to products that are subsequently canceled or returned by a customer or as a result of your violation of this Agreement. In the event an overpayment is made by us, you agree to promptly remit such overpayment to us upon notification by us. We may withhold your final payment for a reasonable time to ensure that the correct amount is paid.
12. Modification of Agreement. In addition to any notice permitted to be given under this Agreement, we may modify any of the terms and conditions of this Agreement at any time by providing you with a notification by email. The changes will become effective ten (10) business days after such notice. If the modifications are unacceptable to you, you may terminate this Agreement without penalty solely on the account of such termination within such ten (10) business day period. Your continued participation in this Affiliate Program ten (10) business days after a change notice has been posted will constitute your acceptance of such change. In addition, we may change, suspend or discontinue any aspect of a link or remove, alter, or modify any tags, text, graphic or banner ad in connection with a Link. Affiliate agrees to promptly implement any request from LIP to remove, alter or modify any Link, graphic or banner ad that is being used by Affiliate as part of the Affiliate Program.
13. Warranty Disclaimer. WE MAKE NO WARRANTIES, REPRESENTATIONS, OR GUARANTEES, WITH REGARD TO THE PRODUCTS OR SERVICES SOLD THROUGH THE MERCHANT WEBSITE, THE OPERATION AND MAINTENANCE OF THE MERCHANT WEBSITE OR THE AFFILIATE NETWORK, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, ARISING BY LAW OR OTHERWISE, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION ANY IMPLIED WARRANTY OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT OR ANY IMPLIED WARRANTY ARISING FROM COURSE OF PERFORMANCE, COURSE OF DEALING, OR USAGE OF TRADE. WITHOUT LIMITING THE GENERALITY OF THE FOREGOING, WE MAKE NO REPRESENTATION THAT THE OPERATION OF THE MERCHANT WEBSITE WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED OR ERROR-FREE.
14. Limitation of Damages. WE WILL NOT HAVE ANY LIABILITY (WHETHER IN CONTRACT, WARRANTY, TORT (INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, NEGLIGENCE), PRODUCT LIABILITY OR OTHER THEORY) FOR ANY INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, PUNITIVE, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, EVEN IF WE WERE ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES, OR FOR ANY LOSS OF REVENUE, DATA OR PROFITS ARISING UNDER OR WITH RESPECT TO THIS AGREEMENT OR THE AFFILIATE PROGRAM. FURTHER, OUR AGGREGATE LIABILITY ARISING UNDER OR WITH RESPECT TO THIS AGREEMENT OR THE AFFILIATE PROGRAM WILL IN NO EVENT EXCEED THE TOTAL COMMISSION PAID OR PAYABLE BY US TO YOU UNDER THIS AGREEMENT DURING THE PRECEDING TWELVE (12) MONTH PERIOD PRIOR TO THE DATE SUCH LIABILITY AROSE. ALL CLAIMS MADE HEREUNDER BY YOU AGAINST US SHALL BE MADE WITHIN 120 DAYS OF THE ACT OR OMISSION THAT FORMS THE BASIS OF SUCH CLAIMS.
15. Independent Contractors. We, you, and ANEROS are each independent contractors and nothing in this Agreement or in any ANEROS affiliate program documents is intended to or will create any form of partnership, joint venture, agency, franchise, sales representative, or employment relationship.
16. Governing Law. This Agreement will be governed by and construed in accordance with the substantive laws of State of Texas, excluding its conflict of laws principles. Any lawsuit relating to this Agreement must be brought in the federal or state courts located in Harris County, Texas.
17. Press Release; Publicity. You agree that you will not issue any press release or make any other similar public announcement that in any way makes any reference to us without our prior written consent, which consent may be withheld in our sole discretion.
18. Force Majeure. Our performance under this Agreement shall be excused to the extent that such performance is hindered, delayed or made commercially impractical by causes beyond our reasonable control.
19. Headings. The titles and headings of the various sections and paragraphs in this Agreement are intended solely for convenience of reference and are not intended for any other purpose whatsoever, or to explain, modify, or place any construction upon or on any of the provisions of this Agreement.
20. Assignment. You may not assign this Agreement or any of your rights or delegate any of your obligations under this Agreement, by operation of law or otherwise, without our prior written consent, and any such attempted assignment shall be void. Subject to such restriction, this Agreement will be binding on, inure to the benefit of, and enforceable against the parties and their respective successors and assigns.
21. Waiver. Our failure to enforce strict performance of any provision of this Agreement will not constitute a waiver of its right to subsequently enforce such provision or any other provision of this Agreement.
22. Independent Investigation. You acknowledge that you have read this Agreement and agree to all its terms and conditions. You have independently evaluated the desirability of participating in the Affiliate Program and are not relying on any representation, guarantee or statement other than as set forth in this Agreement or on the Affiliate Program.
23. Entire Agreement. This Agreement and the Commission schedule represents the complete agreement and understanding between us and you and supersedes any other oral or written communications or understandings between us and you regarding the subject matter hereof. No amendment or modification to this Agreement will be binding upon us unless agreed to by an authorized representative of us.